Hotel Kirchenwirt / Kirchenplatz 4. 3295 Lackenhof / Tel.: +43-7480-5050 / Fax: 7480-5051 / E-mail:

Useful Tips


Useful information

For travelers entering Austria, we recommend to take out travel insurance, in addition to the European health insurance card. Given that the cost of healthcare in Austria is much higher than in Hungary, the payment of these costs could be an extraordinary financial burden for the person concerned.

Things to do before you travel

A European health insurance card, replacing the Form E 111, is required. You can get it at the county health insurance fund at your place of residence.

Because of the high costs of Austrian health care services, additional travel insurance is also required before your travel. It is especially recommended for those, who like winter or dangerous sports (skiing, mountaineering, rafting, etc.).